1. Our Signature Program, Leaders for a lifetime, is an eight-month program designed for individuals who have leadership experience in community roles, who possess various career, educational, political, and cultural backgrounds, and who have a desire to explore local issues and leadership strategies in preparation for future civic involvement. While participants have varied backgrounds, all share three basic characteristics:
2. Our Leadership Challenge Program for Young Adults, is a short-format program designed for young adults who are wanting to get involved in meaningful ways in the community and want to do something to truly make a difference. We recognize that young adults have tremendous energy and struggle to find opportunities to truly share their leadership abilities. Participants in this program share these basic charactersitcs:
- Completers. Our community needs people who will not quit in the face of challenges.
- Insightful and reflective. Our community needs people who are thoughtful about their actions and can discuss ideas.
- Motivated. The majority fo the hours will be in an immersion project to benefit the community.
Class participants will be selected through a competitive process conducted by a selection committee comprised of noted community leaders. Participants will be selected based on criteria including: commitment to civic involvement and to the Snohomish County community; potential for community leadership; and professional, as well as personal achievement. Because diversity is a goal of Leadership Snohomish County, other factors affecting the final make-up of the class, including gender and employment sector may be considered. Applications must be answered completely to warrant consideration.
Tuition for the Signature Leaders for A Lifetime program is $2500. Tuition for the Leadership Challenge program is $450. Many employers are willing to pay tuition to attend our programs. Please ask your employer if they will support you to attend our program.
Leadership Snohomish County has a limited amount of financial assistance available for eligible participants. Contact Sarri Gilman to find out about assistance available.
The program meeting dates are on the applications. Attendance is an important part of our program.
Please contact Sarri Gilman, Executive Director, at 425.512.5244 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's easy. Fill out your class application. We will respond to your application in 2 weeks. Application fee is waived for applications returned by April 30, 2014
Our next set of classes begin in Fall 2014. Applications are available now.
After your application is sent in, we will set a phone interview. If you are selected for the class, you will be sent an acceptance letter and tuition invoice. Tuition payment is due within 30 days.
Signature Class Tuition for 2014-2015 $2500
Leadership Challenge Class Tuition for 2013-2014 $450